Lab Date: Monday, November 11
SPRINT CHECK 5 TODAY
- Teams will show their work on Sprint 5 to the TAs to earn Sprint Check XP.
- Teams will then pull their next set of user stories off the backlog for work during Sprint 6 (which should be minimal).
- Remember to do your Sprint Team Evaluations during lab today! - Fill them out at Student Team Evaluation Form @ https://forms.gle/MRJXyDThCGBEVtFn6 !
Before Coming to Lab
- Finish Sprint 5! See the Sprint Check for more information.
Today in Lab
- Arrive in lab and get into your teams.
- Start with your stand-up meeting! What did you accomplish last week? What will you accomplish this week? What problems do you need help with?
- Begin identifying the requirements you will work on during Sprint 6.
- Sprint 6 is primarily a "final polish" sprint. There should be no major stories that will be started here (if there are, you need to refocus what you are doing).
- Sprint 6 lasts only one week, but we expect to see some definite UI / polish improvements.
- While you are meeting, TAs will come around to perform the Sprint Check for Sprint 5 (see below for more info).
- Once you have your requirements pulled for Sprint 6, start working!
Sprint Check 5
To earn a Pass on Sprint Check 5, your team must show the following to the satisfaction of the staff:
- Show a working app running on Heroku that successfully allows a UVA student to login (with their UVA / Google account).
- Show a nearly feature-complete app. All major functionality should be present. The app should basically only need polish and minor features at this point.
- Show a more refined UI design and theming.
- Show a full build process - pushing to GitHub's master branch triggers a Travis-CI test run that then deploys to Heroku.
- Have all unit tests automatically passing on Travis-CI.
With each Sprint Check, you will also need to do evaluations for your team members. You must fill out the following form FOR EACH TEAM MEMBER. Thus, you will submit it four or five times at the end of each sprint.
For Sprint 6, you should really only be working on "finishing touches." We expect that your app will still be working at the end of Sprint 6 (as it was from Sprint 5), but any remaining suggestions from the staff should be addressed.
During this sprint, we highly recommend that the Testing Manager begin working on recruiting folks for Beta Testing next week.
Action Items After Lab
- Work on the items you pulled for Sprint 6!
- Get ready for Beta Testing!
- The Configuration Manager needs to begin working on the Configuration Report.
- The Confguration Report is due is due at 2:00 PM, Monday, November 18th so that it can be shown to the TAs in lab.