Week of: Monday, April 6
SPRINT CHECK 5 THIS WEEK
- Teams will show their work on Sprint 5 to the TAs to earn Sprint Check XP.
- Teams will then pull their next set of user stories off the backlog for work during Sprint 6.
- Remember to do your Sprint Team Evaluations sometime this week! - Find links for all of your evals in the Posted Feedback tool on the left side menu in Collab!
Before Meeting With Your TA
- Finish Sprint 5! See the Sprint Check for more information.
- Scrum Masters need to complete the Sprint Report for Sprint 5 and submit to Gradescope! Find the template here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n5n2Ti7h7shchTe67Hf_NzDTchJiaEObgQqB7LwrIUA
- As long as the report is in to Gradescope before your meeting, it will be counted as "on time." If you forget or there are issues, talk to your TA.
During the Team Meeting
- The goal of this meeting is for the TAs to do your Sprint Check for Sprint 5 and to see how the team is doing.
- The TA will go over your sprint report with you while you demo your current system, either via screen share or by sending a link to the TA.
- Remember: focus on core functionality!
For Sprint 5, you should target the following things at a minimum:
- Show a working app running on Heroku that successfully allows login through a third-party API, such as Google or Facebook.
- Continue working on your core functionality and make obvious, observable progress from the last sprint.
- Show a more refined UI design and theming.
- Show a full build process - pushing to GitHub's master branch triggers a Travis-CI test run that then deploys to Heroku.
- Have all unit tests automatically passing on Travis-CI.
For Sprint 6, you should be completing your core functionality and putting on your "finishing touches." We expect that your app will still be working at the end of Sprint 6 (as it was from Sprint 5), but any remaining suggestions from the staff should be addressed.
At the end of Sprint 6, will we score you on both Sprint 6 (5000 XP) as normal, along with your Beta version of your app. This will count for half of your overall project score (25000 XP). To earn these points, you need to have a feature complete, working app ready for Beta testing. It does not need to be your final version - we expect changes and polish to be done over the last two weeks! This is your incentive to have a fully working app at this point in order to do successful beta testing.
Action Items After The Meeting
- Work on the items you pulled for Sprint 6!
- The DevOps Manager needs to begin working on the DevOps Report which is due next week by Monday at 2:00 PM EDT!