Lab Date: Monday, March 30
SPRINT CHECK 5 TODAY
- Teams will show their work on Sprint 5 to the TAs to earn Sprint Check XP.
- Teams will then pull their next set of user stories off the backlog for work during Sprint 6 (which should be minimal).
- Remember to do your Sprint Team Evaluations during lab today! - Fill them out at Student Team Evaluation Form @ https://forms.gle/WHTGgkmGNuY3Xv2e7 !
Before Coming to Lab
Today in Lab
- Arrive in lab and get into your teams.
- Start with your stand-up meeting! What did you accomplish last week? What will you accomplish this week? What problems do you need help with?
- Begin identifying the requirements you will work on during Sprint 6.
- Sprint 6 is primarily a "final polish" sprint. There should be no major stories that will be started here (if there are, you need to refocus what you are doing).
- Sprint 6 lasts only one week, but we expect to see some definite UI / polish improvements.
- While you are meeting, TAs will come around to perform the Sprint Check for Sprint 5 (see below for more info).
- Once you have your requirements pulled for Sprint 6, start working!
Sprint Check 5
To earn a Pass on Sprint Check 5, your team must show the following to the satisfaction of the staff:
- Show a working app running on Heroku that successfully allows login through a third-party API, such as Google or Facebook.
- Show a nearly feature-complete app. All major functionality should be present. The app should basically only need polish and minor features at this point.
- Show a more refined UI design and theming.
- Show a full build process - pushing to GitHub's master branch triggers a Travis-CI test run that then deploys to Heroku.
- Have all unit tests automatically passing on Travis-CI.
- Scrum Masters need to complete the Sprint Report for Sprint 5 and submit to Gradescope! Find the template here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n5n2Ti7h7shchTe67Hf_NzDTchJiaEObgQqB7LwrIUA
With each Sprint Check, you will also need to do evaluations for your team members. You must fill out the following form FOR EACH TEAM MEMBER. Thus, you will submit it four or five times at the end of each sprint.
For Sprint 6, you should really only be working on "finishing touches." We expect that your app will still be working at the end of Sprint 6 (as it was from Sprint 5), but any remaining suggestions from the staff should be addressed.
At the end of Sprint 6, will we score you on both Sprint 6 (5000 XP) as normal, along with your Beta version of your app. This will count for half of your overall project score (25000 XP). To earn these points, you need to have a feature complete, working app ready for Beta testing. It does not need to be your final version - we expect changes and polish to be done over the last two weeks! This is your incentive to have a fully working app at this point.
During this sprint, we highly recommend that the Testing Manager begin working on recruiting folks for Beta Testing next week.
Action Items After Lab
- Work on the items you pulled for Sprint 6!
- Get ready for Beta Testing!
- The DevOps Manager needs to begin working on the DevOps Report which is due next week before lab!