All projects must have the following:
- Some form of login (we are working on the best way to incorporate Netbadge - we will announce if/when we have something workable)
- Use Python 3 (one of the later versions is preferrable)
- Use Django 2.1.2
- Run in a standard web browser
- Run (and look good) in a mobile web browser
- Run on Heroku
Used Textbook Exchange
Information specific to the Used Textbook Exchange project will be posted here.
Universal Assignment Schedule
Information specific to the Universal Assignment Schedule project will be posted here.
Information specific to the Resource Finder project will be posted here.
Example Django App Repo that uses Travis-CI and Heroku:
- Repo: https://github.com/UVA-CS3240-F18/Staff-TextbookExchange
- Online at: https://cs3240f18-staff-textbook.herokuapp.com/
Key things to note:
- Check the requirements.txt file... notice that I have two versions - one for Travis and one for Heroku.
- At the bottom of
settings.pyI check to see if
django_herokuis available or not and load or not load the library based on that check.
- You can do automatic deployment to Heroku in two ways:
- You can set both Heroku and Travis to pull and build whenever you push to the master branch (easier to setup, but not completely ideal... you'd prefer the build only go live if test)
- Better - setup Travis to deploy only if the tests pass - see https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/deployment/heroku/