Lecture Date: Tuesday, September 14
- Sprint 2 has begun! Start eliciting those requirements!
- Sprint Check 1 scores should be available in Gradescope soon (if they are not already)
- Keep working on Quiz 1!
- Keep working on the Django Practice Assessment!
- GP-C is due tomorrow (Wednesday) by 11:59 PM
From the Dean’s office -
- “The Center for Engineering Career Development is hosting the annual Engineering Career Fair this Friday (Sept. 17) from 10am-2pm. The fair will be held virtually through the UVA Handshake platform. Over 100 companies have signed up to recruit students for internships and full-time jobs. You must register in advance of the fair and you can schedule individual (10-minute) or group (30-minute) time slots with employers, many of whom are UVA alumni. All Engineering students (and BACS students!) are encouraged to attend the fair, connect with employers, and learn about a variety of careers. In advance of the Fair, please browse the list of employers to see the types of positions they are hiring, and sign up for sessions. The career fair can be accessed through your Handshake account.”
After you have worked with the customer to gather their requirements, what are some ways you can communicate those requirements to the development team?
Depending on whether you are more agile or more plan-driven, you may choose to use a technique that is more documentation-heavy versus one that is more conversation-focused. We will cover a bit about both plan-driven and agile requirements methods before heading into Guided Practice C.