Pitch Your Project Idea!
It’s time to pitch your project ideas to the class!
Here’s how this is going to work:
- Come up with an idea around the theme of “Software for Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.” This can be pretty broad! Feel free to ask the staff or post on the #idea-discussion channel in Discord if you want to chat about the idea first!
- Submit your idea to this Google form: https://forms.gle/TAGpakHVDgryf6Y3A
- If Prof. McBurney or Prof. Sherriff approve of your idea (basically we are just checking for whether it fits the theme and whether it has a reasonable difficulty scope for the semester), it will be posted on the #approved-ideas channel for emote voting and discussion in the #idea-discussion channel.
- If there are a large number of ideas, the ideas getting the most emotes and discussion and those that the staff feel are most viable will be discussed during the live sessions at 11:00 and 2:00 on Tuesday, September 1.
- During the live sessions, you will officially vote for the project idea you like the most!
- At the end of the day, a survey will go out with the top three projects and you can select which idea you want to work on the most. We will do our best to create teams that have a balance of Python experience, diversity, and desire to work on the same project. This is also when you will declare your mortal enemies (a class roster will be made available and Netbadge-protected in Collab).
- Our goal is to announce teams by Thursday, September 3.
Any questions? Come over to Discord and ask!
We can’t wait to see your ideas!