Pitch Your Project Idea!
It’s time to pitch your project ideas to the class!
Here’s how this is going to work:
- Come up with an idea around the theme of “As a UVA student, my life would be so much better if I just had __.” This can be pretty broad! Feel free to ask the staff or post on the #project-pitch-discussion channel in Discord if you want to chat about the idea first!
- Submit your idea to this Google form: https://forms.gle/hdNtowy5xXcqm1A98
- As we see the ideas get posted, if we think we should vote on your idea (basically we are just checking for whether it fits the theme and whether it has a reasonable difficulty scope for the semester), it will be posted on the #project-pitch-discussion channel discussion, questions, emoting, etc.
- Pitches and voting will at 11:00 and 2:00 on Tuesday, August 30.
- You will be able to vote remotely, so don’t worry about being there.
- At the end of the day (or the next day), a survey will go out with the top three projects and you can select which idea you want to work on the most. We will do our best to create teams that have a balance of Python experience, diversity, and desire to work on the same project. This is also when you will declare your mortal enemies (we’ll discuss this more in class and a class roster will be made available and Netbadge-protected in Collab).
- Our goal is to announce teams as soon as possible after we get your preference submissions.
Any questions? Come over to Discord and ask!
We can’t wait to see your ideas!